Garmin GMR Fantom 24 Dome Radar
GMR Fantom™ 24 Dome Radar
24-inch Dome Radar with MotionScope™ Technology
- 24-inch, 40 W solid-state, dome radar
- MotionScope™ technology uses the Doppler effect to detect and highlight targets moving toward you or away in different colors to help avoid collisions, find flocks of birds, and track weather
- Pulse Compression technology provides high resolution while maximizing energy, to enhance detection and identification of targets
- Target Size allows you to adjust the size of objects on the radar image
- 20 foot to 48 nautical mile detection range
The 24-inch, 40 W solid-state Garmin GMR Fantom 24 dome radar features MotionScope technology, which uses the Doppler effect to detect and highlight moving targets to help you avoid potential collisions. Fully integrates with select Garmin chartplotters.
High-power 40 W Radar with 3.7 Degree Beam
You get excellent close- and long-range target detection ranging from as close as 20 feet to 48 nautical miles, even in fog or rain. Its 3.7 degree horizontal beamwidth provides a high resolution image and high antenna gain so it can pick out targets at a distance. The result is this radar paints a clear, concise image of the shoreline, other vessels and impending weather — right on your Garmin chartplotter. You get consistent target positions, excellent target separation and reliable operation. Its 8-bit true color imagery also helps you discriminate large targets from small ones and enhances target separation. Radar data is overlaid onto charts (autopilot or heading sensor recommended). Low power consumption, instant turn on and no delay from warming up as with magnetron radars. Rotation speeds of 24 for reduced power consumption and 48 rpm to provide fast screen updates.
MotionScope Doppler Technology
GMR Fantom radars use the Doppler effect to detect and highlight moving targets to help you avoid potential collisions, find flocks of birds and track weather formations. The Doppler effect is the frequency shift in the radar echo due to the relative motion of the target. This allows for instant detection of any targets moving toward or away from the radar. MotionScope highlights the moving targets in different colors on the radar display so you can navigate around other boats or severe weather, or toward fishing spots where birds are feeding at the surface.
- Target Size: Allows you to adjust the size of objects on the radar image.
- Auto Bird Gain: Fishermen know, when you find birds at the water’s surface, you’ll also find fish. To further improve your fishing experience, use Auto Bird Gain, which helps to locate flocks of birds at the water’s surface where baitfish are also likely to be found.
- Echo Trails: A fading “trail” is left on the screen to help you quickly and easily identify moving targets and potential collision threats. Trails are corrected for your boat’s rotation when an autopilot or heading sensor is connected to your Garmin network
- Dual Range: Single radar antenna is capable of providing split screen images on your chartplotter side-by-side, with independent range setting and controls for both close and long range.
- Dual Radar Support: Provides redundancy and the ability for each display unit on the boat to select data from 1 of 2 different radar sources.
- Dynamic Auto Gain: Dynamic Auto Gain automatically adjusts to your surroundings for optimal performance in all conditions.
- Dynamic Sea Filter: Dynamic Sea Filter automatically adjusts gain to changing sea conditions with user options for low, medium or high filtering.
- Radar Overlay: Overlays the radar image on the chartplotter’s map page. An autopilot or heading sensor is recommended for best results.
- MARPA Target Tracking: Mini-automatic radar plotting aid (MARPA) tracks up to 10 selected targets, helping you keep track of other vessels and avoid collisions.
- Guard Zone: Set the safety zone and receive an alarm when an object enters the zone.
- VRM and EBL: Variable range markers (VRM) and electronic bearing lines (EBL) allow rapid measurements of distance and
It’s Your Time
All Garmin radars are designed to be easy to install and easy to use. There are no complex user settings to adjust; just install your radar and start using it. You can rely on the GMR Fantom radar to provide reliable, optimum performance in all conditions. Because, it’s your time.
In The Box
- GMR Fantom 24
- Mounting hardware kit
- Power cable (15 m/49.21 ft)
- Network cable (15 m/49.21 ft)
- Installation instructions
- Mounting template
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov.